Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Arcadia Yard is nearing completion





I pride myself on my organization and planning. So when I started to enlarge the track plan to begin track laying in Arcadia I discovered a problem. THE DESIGN ASSUMED AN 10' peninsula and only the 8' ONE I BUILT WOULD FIT THE SPACE!!! Uh oh...... What a dufus!
Off to the design software. I'm now on the 5th or 6th redesign of the yard. The battery cars attached to the locomotives take up some room on the tail tracks so their length all had to be double and triple checked, i.e. revised, to be sure cars could be switched and run around moves could be accomplished. Originally the yard had a very linear design and now the the space required a compound track arrangement as shown in the photos. Now on to Punta Gorda that also had to be redesigned many times a also it occupies the now too short space.

No comments: